Introductory Steward Training Course: on CD
Based largely on the best-selling Union Steward’s Complete Guide, "The UCS Introductory Steward Training Course" offers everything a new steward needs to get up and running. Invaluable as a brush-up and refresher to more veteran stewards as well, the CD comes complete with audio, a series of Skills Checks and Scenarios to help you master the material, even a Certificate of Completion when you finish. The course has eight sections, developed with input from national union education directors and hundreds of local union leaders. They include:
A copy of The Union Steward’s Complete Guide, First Edition is included free with each CD purchase!
- The basic responsibilities of a union steward
- The rights of a union steward
- Explaining what a union does and why it matters
- Introducing new workers to your union
- Using your collective bargaining agreement and its grievance procedure
- Rallying members around bargaining or other issues
- The importance of providing equal good-faith representation to everyone (Duty of Fair Representation).
Whether you’re a new steward just starting out, an experienced steward who wants to brush up on skills, or a union official looking for ways to build and maintain a skilled and confident steward corps, you’ll find this course a powerful tool.
"Entertaining, informative and interactive...a ‘must have’ for new stewards." One CD, plus bonus book.
GINNY duRIVAGE, DIRECTOR, AFGE EDUCATION AND LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT DEPT.
"A wonderful way to quickly arm new stewards with vital knowledge and skills ... everything they need to make them strong and effective advocates."
BILL BARRY, DIRECTOR OF LABOR STUDIES, COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF BALTIMORE COUNTY, MD.
Required fields are marked with a star (*). Click the 'Add To Cart' or 'Add To Wish List' button at the bottom of this form to proceed.